In PE at TNHA we want to give students the tools and understanding required to make a positive impact in their own physical health and well-being. We want all children to experience a wide variety of sports and physical skills, which will enhance their life-long fitness and life choices. We believe PE can challenge and promote self-esteem through the development of physical confidence and problem solving. It can teach children to cope with both success and failure in competitive, individual and team based physical activities. Through PE at TNHA students will have:
- A broad and balanced curriculum, which meet the requirements of the National Curriculum.
- A diverse range of extra-curricular opportunities and experiences in the school, community and beyond.
- The information they need to make good choices about leading healthy active lifestyles.
- Opportunities to develop leadership skills, such as teamwork and cooperation, through sport.
- Signposted progression into KS4 and beyond to access appropriate courses or/and accredited qualifications.